Monday, May 17, 2004

Interesting

OK. So, on Wed. May 16, we get this from Colin Powell:


"It turned out that the sourcing was inaccurate and wrong and in some cases, deliberately misleading," Mr. Powell said in the interview, broadcast from Jordan. "And for that, I am disappointed and I regret it."


Then, for the first time since they were actually looking for WMD, we get this startling discovery:

American commanders said Monday that they discovered an Iraqi artillery shell last week containing sarin, one of the deadly nerve agents that Saddam Hussein said he had destroyed before the war began last year.


Now, I hate to sound like a paranoid cynic here, but am I the only one getting deja vu to the summertime pattern of startling finds of weapons tech splashed across the front pages and then blushing retractions buried deep within the paper?

And "make no mistake", we WERE led to believe that the trailers were WMD.

Anyhow, I just bring this up because if a story so conveniently time, is pre-emptively disavowed by Rumsfeld...

I would say the odds of it turning out credible are slim to none. Wouldn't you agree?

More Politics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home