Thursday, November 04, 2004

Analyzing Defeat

So, we lost. Big time and fair and square. I'm in a period of reflection upon this. I invested a lot in the election, and I've got a lot to chew on after our defeat. Narrow, but substantial.

So, over the next few days, at no particularly guaranteed intervals and in no particular order, I'll be posting various elements of my emerging thought. I figure they'll break down into three categories:

1) Which way from here for the Democratic Party?

2) How to evangelize for my core beliefs and values (clearly not popular ones)?

3) What would New Liberalism look like? Why would it appeal to more people?

4) What have I misunderstood about the relation between evidence and reality? What have I misunderstood about politics?

5) Where next for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home