Friday, May 21, 2004

Friday Horse Race

As I've mentioned, I consider DC Political Report to be an endlessly wonderful repository of election info. However, like most responsible Americans, he's too unwilling to offer nakedly distortive information. You'll notice on his state-by-state poll summary that any state in which poll results indicate that the spread between candidates is within the margin of error he colors the state green rather than accrediting statistical significance to a 1-point margin. Lacking such scruples or basic respect for fact, I offer you the map as of 5/21/04. It was created using the applet available at GrayRaven:

Kerry - 245; Bush - 218; Exact Tie - 38; No Poll - 37





Now, brief discussion. The DC Political Report gives Wisconsin as a solid red while I color it solid blue. That is because there are two reports both dated 4/28, and I've decided to use the Rasmussen Reports one which gives Kerry 50% support over the Badger Report (which is U-Wisconsin) that gives Bush 50% because the reputable polling outfit (Rasmussen) strikes me as more reliable AND more plausible. Other than that, I've been scrupulously literal...

Maps indicating the TradeSports Electoral map may follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home