Thursday, October 28, 2004

Getting Ugly

My country... This one's really despicable, and the most worrisome thing done to a Republican that I've yet seen in the election run-up:


Representative Katherine Harris, Republican of Florida, and a group of supporters were almost hit by a speeding car on Tuesday evening, and the driver was charged on Wednesday with aggravated assault, the police said.

The driver, Barry M. Seltzer, 46, of Sarasota, told the police that he had been exercising "political expression."

Bystanders said a silver Cadillac sped through an intersection here and swerved onto the sidewalk. The car headed toward Ms. Harris before swerving and driving away, the police said. No one was injured.

Witnesses gave the car's license plate number to the police, who tracked it to Mr. Seltzer, a real estate investor and a registered Democrat. He went to the police station on Wednesday and said that Ms. Harris's supporters had been standing in the street, impeding traffic.

"I intimidated them with my car," Mr. Seltzer told the police. "I was exercising my political expression. I did not run them down."


Oh, why OK then... you just wanted them to think you were prepared to kill them. No problemo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home