Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Getting Queasy

Stories like this one make me sick to my stomach with worry for this country.

The allegation is that a Republican company directly sponosred by the Republican National Committee has been running "registration drives" in several key swing states. In Nevada, at least, it would appear that the company may have been following a policy of destroying Democratic registration forms - a former employee managed to salvage a pile of shredded registration forms from a trash-bin and the news team has verified that the registrations were never submitted to the Nevada Election Department.

I don't know how widespread this was. It may have been a simple rogue supervisor. I certainly hope so. But I do regret to say that I find such stories more plausible than I want to find them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home